Saturday, 10 June 2017

Tag and Photographs

Hi All. Happy Weekend and a big thank you for calling in at Jumbled Crafts along the way

At Go Tag Thursday this week the theme is Fruit


I used a piece of a mop up page as the background and then painted the edges gold. The fruit was cut from a supermarket magazine. It is a big tag so I will pin it on the wall to remind me to eat my 5 a day.

More photographs of when we went to Southport but these are all from Liverpool and the wonderful, amazing, terrific Walker Art Gallery. It is the second largest art gallery in England and I have wanted to go to it for so long. We were some of the first people into the gallery as it didn't open until 10.30. We had got an early train to Liverpool from Southport then taken an open topped bus trip around the city to find out where things were.

Just some of the sculptures that greet you in the first room. It is breath taking











A taster of one of the art galleries and I will sort out some of the pictures and exhibits for another day. Hope you enjoyed the Walker so far.


Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx

14 comments:

froebelsternchen Susi said...

What a yummie tag and fabulous photos of the fantastic exhibits at the Gallery!
Happy Saturday,
Susi

Marina said...

I love your fruit tag - a great 5-a-day reminder! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your tag had me smiling. It was so cute with all the fruit. The Walker Museum in Liverpool looks SO impressive. I was so delighted to see so many statues that were actually completely intact. So often we find they have limbs that have been broken. This is certainly an impressive array of statues, and I look forward to even more rooms as we make our way with you through this museum.

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tag, I have used a similar quote on mine, you will see it tomorrow. What do they say about great minds? Glad you enjoyed Liverpool, I loved living there, and the gallery is indeed fabulous. Thanks for sharing the lovely photos. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Dortesjs said...

This is fabulous tag, love the fruiet theme and background in strong colours.
very lovely photos to, happy to see things from Liverpool.

aussie aNNie said...

Fab tag Chrissie and no I have not had all my fruit today...not hungry.
Love the gorgeous pics from the gallery amazing once again. Between you and Valerie I am enjoying my journey in your worlds.xxx

Meggymay said...

Those statues looked awesome , the talent of the sculptors who created them and the tools they use to get such detailed results is mind blowing. It looks a super museum to visit.
The tag is fabulous, I've just had grapes after lunch and am up to 3 of my 5 a day.
Are you watching tennis like we are?
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Wow. I am so impressed with all your saw. It looks like you went to a major city to see all that fantastic art. :) Nice fruit too. I could go for a big fruit salad right now. :) Hugs-Erika

Gibby Frogett said...

Fab tag and the words made me smile - 5 a day? - no - its always more than that :)
What a great museum and fabulous statues - I was a bit envious as we have been looking for garden ornaments and statues and can't find anything and was thinking about making something and trying 'Powertex' :)
Hope you're having a great weekend.. Gill x

sam21ski said...

Ooooh fab photos there Chrissie, love all those different sculptures and your 5 a day looks a bit too healthy for me - lol xxx

Craftyfield said...

Great healthy tag Chrissie! Amazing pictures from the museum, there is so much work in one of these statues...

hazel said...

A fabulous tag and great photos of the wonderful sculptures.
xxx Hazel.

Sue said...

I love your tag Chrissie, a great reminder for your 5 a day. I must admit I never strugle to eat my fruit and veg, just to NOT eat the biscuits too! What an amazing gallery, so much to look at there! Have a great week, Sue xx

Sandra Wright said...

Fabulous Tag..loving all the fruit...Thank you for playing along in this weeks challenge at Go Tag Thursday...
Love all the photo of the sculptures Chrissie, so life like..xx