Monday, 3 October 2016

A mixed bag

Hi All. A lovely day here today with lots of blue sky and sunshine. Hope it is good where you are and thank you for calling in at Jumbled Crafts along the way.

At Go Tag Thursday the theme this week is Movie Stars

I digitized a photograph of Elizabeth Taylor and made a background of some of her film titles

The inchie this week at Every Inchie Monday is dinosaur and I also missed showing mine last week for the briefcase theme so here are both of them.




At Art Journal Journey the new theme is Indian Summer/Autumn. I have learnt that this means the same thing though I hadn't a clue before I looked on Google. The host this month is Valerie so I am sure she will be giving us all lot of inspiration

I did this page while I was watching the golf yesterday
I had already done a few painted backgrounds so used one of those to draw the scene with felt tips. The squirrels were from a tutorial showing how to draw a squirrel. I failed to draw one that looked like a squirrel so printed a copy of their version. Will try again though.
The quote is from Leisure-a poem by William Henry Davies. Lines from the poem creep into my life often and make me feel I am on the right track.

LEISURE
What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.
No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.
A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

Strange how you never seem to catch up when you have been away. Guess I am too busy 'standing and staring'

Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx

22 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely work today - you were busy! Your tag and inchies are gorgeous, as always, and love the wonderful page you made for AJJ, so colourful and pretty, and the poem is a great addition. It's always good to take time to stand and stare, one of my fave hobbies! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. My fav is the autumn page. I love it!
    Others are fine too, as always.
    Have a wonderful day xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous post Chrissie, love your squirrels especially and that lovely poem. Yes... catching up is sooo hard - I seem to have lost most of September ..sorry for missing your pages. Hope all ok with you.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the inchies and your Liz Taylor tag is very elegant Chrissie! And I love your nice page... lol.. I smiled to hear that you failed with the drawing - and you clever girl printed them out - lol - they seem to be difficult to draw - I draw birds - they are easier! What a happy page and the poem meets my taste - we should take time to stand and stare!!!!
    Great to have you back !
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful art, especially with Liz Taylor :) I hope your day is going well. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tag, she was so beautiful! Love your Squirrel page too and I wouldn't be able to draw a good one either! Have a nice week, full of standing and staring times!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful little poem, Chrissie. I never seem to have time to stand and stare as I spend too much time on the computer where I sit and stare! Your dinosaur looks a lot like mine and your briefcase looks like mine, emptied of all the money. Spent it all already? LOL! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elizabeth Taylor is pure glamour and movie star so perfect for lovely tag! Fabulous inchies and beautiful journal page! I love the poem, it's so true! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic art projects Chrissie. Your wonderful page for Autumn and the poem is one I can relate to as well. I can sit for ages just looking at the world go by, there is always something to see and wonder at, especially at this time of year.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gee Chrissie, I took a day off and I'm so far behind I may not catch up. I can't imagine more than that. That's a great tag of Elizabeth Taylor. And as always, I love seeing your latest inchies. Two this week made it even more enjoyable.

    Your Indian Summer inspired art is adorable, and I love how you tried to make a squirrel. Laughed because I would not even have tried. Your poem with it is beautiful and the artwork is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great artwork this week - love both your inchies

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another fabulous post, inchies, colours are all just perfect.xxx{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the Liz pic and the Autumn pic is awesome! love the inchies as well

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab Tag Chrissie..Elizabeth was such a beauty wasn't she.
    Thank you for joining in with this weeks challenge at Go Tag Thursday x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow- I forgot what a beauty Elizabeth Taylor was. And your squirrel page is wonderful. I didn't really think about them but now that you have jogged my mind, yes, they are the perfect fall animal. Great page Chrissie. Love the new blog background and header too. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of them are wonderful, you are very creative.
    I remember that poem from school, I used to know it all LOL.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chrissie you are the one who won my candy please give me your address via the link on my other blog on the rhs bar.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chrissie you are the one who won my candy please give me your address via the link on my other blog on the rhs bar.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think standing and staring is more important than catching up! I love your cute inchies and those adorable squirrels. There are hundreds of them on the campus grounds here in Columbus, with thousands of HUGE acorns to be collected - they certainly won't go hungry.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great inchies and journal page, I love Autumn colours.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh but Chrissie isn't it good to stand and stare? I do so love your Autumn page! Your inchies always impress me too! I must say though that the Elizabeth Taylor tag steals the show - I used to spend ages looking through the Film Review mag from the cinema looking for pictures of her! Thanks for including the poem too! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the violet on the Liz piece, matches her eyes perfectly (my mom has the same colour, quite stunning)! Love the inchies, but those squirrels are too much! c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your comments. Reading them brings precious moments. Isn't it great to be able to be in touch with so many nice people in this way.