Saturday, 24 October 2015

Journal page and card

Hello everyone and a happy weekend to you. Nice to have you drop by today and thank you for your visit.

Today is going to be a crafting and sport watching day as it is cold and keeps trying to rain--not really doing much yet but I would rather stay in a keep warm and dry.

At Art Journal Journey the theme is Architecture and a little while ago Valerie posted some wonderful photographs of AKKO here on her blog. I saved one of them and admired it so much I wanted to have a go at painting it.

This was how I started out with a few colours of acrylic mixes

This is my finished page with a Marco Polo quote. I could never compete with the wonderful photograph that Valerie took but I did enjoy having a go.

At City Crafter's Challenge Blog you are asked to add some wood, This was a chance to get out my wooden emblishments and enjoy the smell of burnt wood that is still there in the box when I open it even though the emblies are a couple of years old as the company closed down that used to make them.

I used Distressed inks and charcoal pencil for the background and stuck on the wooden emblies and also a little piece of wood that I had used on another project and it had burlap stuck to it.

Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx

20 comments:

  1. I LOVE your painting, and thanks for being inspired by my photo, it is such a wonderful town, you would love it there. Thanks for making the gorgeous piece for Art Journal Journey, you have made my day! Great piece for City Crafters, too. Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. the arch painting is wonderful Chrissie! Great! Fabulous that you have such a wonderful painting for Art journal Journey! Love it! The project for City Crafters is lovely as well.. I nearly can smell the wood-lol!
    Happy Saturday - we have here --- after a cold , grey and rainy week a wonderful sunny and warm Saturday!
    Nearly fantastic for the soul!
    oxo
    Susi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning painting of the arch Chrissie and a super quote. Loved your piece with the wooden details as well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your painting Chrissie and it's a great quote. Great piece using the wooden embellishments.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These two are very different. I love the way the painting draws the eye in.

    The charcoal is a great idea to use behind the wooden shapes - really rustic effect. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter. Marina DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... This is so lovely :)
    It's cold here, too. I'm with you when it comes to keeping warm!
    I LOVE this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two wonderful projects Chrissie, the first one is fabulous. Have a lovely Sunday.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both creations are beautiful Chrissie ! I really admire your talent in painting... Wish I could do the same... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how the painting invites you to walk in and explore - beautiful depth and dimension. Love the wooden elements on their rustic background - and I'm with you on the smell too!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your painting from the photograph is tremendous, and I was intrigued as to how you started painting it too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous creations Chrissie & so inspirational :o)
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are really fabulous Chrissie, I couldn't begin to paint a picture, and yours is really good. Love your wooden piece too, I have a few of these embellies too and they do smell nice Hope you have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brave of you to attempt such a difficult painting, perspective wise, the sort that I avoid at all costs! You did a great job too... Love your card too, the background is gorgeous and I love the use of charcoal in it. Which I never thought of doing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the painting especially, great depth and perspective! Nxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful post.
    Have a great, creative week xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful journal page and wonderful card for our challenge!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your journal page is a wonderful piece of art journaling. I am impressed. And your take on our theme turned out a fabulous card. Wow! Thank you so much for joining us this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Chrissie the journal page you have created is fabulous! I can only imagine the wonderful smell of the burnt wood, but I do love what you made with it. Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your comments. Reading them brings precious moments. Isn't it great to be able to be in touch with so many nice people in this way.