Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Altered Plastic Bottles

Hi All. I am finding it hard to get back into any sort of routine since we came back home and especially as there is so much wonderful tennis on the television and I just love watching sport. Hope you will enjoy your day and thank you for finding time to visit Jumbled Crafts.

I have had an altered project ready for a few weeks but never posted it so I thought I would enter it at Rhedd's Creative Spirit as the theme there is always to alter something.

This is what I made
I started out with three empty plastic, bath soak bottles


I made a mark on them all at the depth I wanted my finished box

Then these were stuck together

Covered in some lace-which is why I wanted them to be the size I made them as I have quite a bit of this lace. I then stamped some white ribbon to use as a top border. This may have looked better if I had threaded it through the holes.


The bits of the bottle that were left I cut up and embossed in folders then I used the Tattered Flowers die to cut flower shapes

These I painted with emulsion paint and dabbed on gold Glimmer Mist. The leaves are silk and cut from one of my flower arrangements. Poor things I will have to replace some of the flower arrangements soon as I keep pinching things from them


 So here is my finished piece and it is a handy holder for some of my scissors. Just need one more empty bottle to make another set

 Have a great day all

Love Chrissie x




15 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea, I love the finished result.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic alteration, it looks so pretty now, well done! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so clever ! This is fantastic ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I was amazed at first, I thought the bottles were glass from the first images!!

    Great way to keep your scissors.

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo...so pretty, Chrissie! I love the colors and the lace.

    Blessings,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic altering and such a good, useful idea.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What I good idea, now shell I use the 2 bottles of bubble or poor it away which one is faster lol do have 1 empty bottle though lol Love this idea
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea and i love your creation! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea and i love your creation! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing what a makeover !!! Jaw droopingly beautiful and very creative Chrissie.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. So clever and so pretty..I shall have to have a go at altering some of my plastic bottles in the same way...great recycing and a lovely piece of altered art...
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh now that's clever and what a great way of repurposing those bottles. Such an inspired idea. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. How very lovely. Those bottles are gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry, forgot to add: Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a clever design... triple storage container - brilliant! And the flowers and bold bright pinks are bound to put a smile on your face whenever you reach for a pair of scissors (that is a LOT of scissors!!).
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your comments. Reading them brings precious moments. Isn't it great to be able to be in touch with so many nice people in this way.